One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Let's start with suggesting one might immediately start paying down any extinguishable floating rate debt.’
- ‘Although, in Mabo, Indigenous Australians won recognition of their traditional rights to land, the High Court by the narrowest majority (four to three) decided that these fragile rights were readily extinguishable.’
- ‘Life is much vaster and deeper, it cannot be lived with the aid of an extinguishable lamp.’
- ‘The children tried to blow them out, but the candles weren't extinguishable.’
- ‘The blue light casts a glow on the land that is only extinguishable by nightfall.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.