One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A temporary training programme in a workplace, especially one offered to students as part of a course of study.‘an eight-week externship’
- ‘After the end of their first year, students may participate in a summer research externship.’
- ‘Subsequently appointed to Beringer Vineyard's food and wine externship in Napa County, California, Danko soon took the helm as Executive Chef.’
- ‘Now that I'm on my externship, I return to school each Tuesday for continuing instruction.’
- ‘i found an externship i would kill for in DC.’
- ‘Wouldn't a law student be better off getting a job during their third year externing for a judge or in some other externship?’
- ‘The faculty even discussed with a student the possibility of coordinating a clinical externship with thesis research.’
- ‘Students participate in a mandatory fourth-year externship at Trident Medical Center.’
- ‘The student's desire is to extract knowledge from the externship, thus gaining valuable experience.’
- ‘He recently began a five-week, paid externship through the state Leadership Initiatives for Teaching and Technology program for middle and high school science, technology, engineering, and math teachers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.