Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A temporary training programme in a workplace, especially one offered to students as part of a course of study.‘an eight-week externship’
- ‘He recently began a five-week, paid externship through the state Leadership Initiatives for Teaching and Technology program for middle and high school science, technology, engineering, and math teachers.’
- ‘The faculty even discussed with a student the possibility of coordinating a clinical externship with thesis research.’
- ‘Wouldn't a law student be better off getting a job during their third year externing for a judge or in some other externship?’
- ‘i found an externship i would kill for in DC.’
- ‘Students participate in a mandatory fourth-year externship at Trident Medical Center.’
- ‘Now that I'm on my externship, I return to school each Tuesday for continuing instruction.’
- ‘The student's desire is to extract knowledge from the externship, thus gaining valuable experience.’
- ‘After the end of their first year, students may participate in a summer research externship.’
- ‘Subsequently appointed to Beringer Vineyard's food and wine externship in Napa County, California, Danko soon took the helm as Executive Chef.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.