One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These techniques change the performance profile of the function, without affecting its extensional meaning.’
- ‘The range was formed in the extensional environment associated with the Mesozoic and Cenozoic breakup of Gondwanaland.’
- ‘Bent specimens show folds on the compressional but not the extensional side, indicating that walls were originally flexible.’
- ‘On the island of Ikaria in the eastern Aegean Sea, a low-angle extensional ductile shear zone and two associated brittle detachment faults are well exposed.’
- ‘It is proposed that evaporite dissolution led to the collapse of the weakly lithified overburden, and this deformed with a series of concentric extensional faults.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.