One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A tube fitted to a camera between the body and lens to shorten the distance of closest focus of an object so that close-up pictures can be taken.
- ‘Available options include infrared LED spotlights, backlights, and lenses for cameras from 6 to 75 mm, plus filters and extension tubes.’
- ‘An extension tube radically reduces that minimum focal distance.’
- ‘If you are using a camera like these, an extension tube or a close-up lens is the ideal tool.’
- ‘I have been there when the Puffins are so close that you couldn't even focus on them with a 300 mm F2.8, without using an extension tube.’
- ‘I would also get some extension tubes, you can use these on both of the zoom lenses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.