One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To a large degree such a separation from reality through filtered information occurred when I was a child by the censorship and expurgation of nastiness from school reading books.’
- ‘The epic has been the object of adaptation, interpolation, reinterpretation and expurgation by a number of retellers, each seeking to reflect what he saw as relevant to his time.’
- ‘She has a rather disheartening editorial about the expurgation from educational textbooks anything that could possibly give offense to people.’
- ‘We know from medieval records and diaries that such threats to purity were carefully categorized and rules given for their expurgation.’
- ‘I first considered printing the exchange my friend and I had, but quickly realized that expurgation would rob it of its meaning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.