One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I first considered printing the exchange my friend and I had, but quickly realized that expurgation would rob it of its meaning.’
- ‘We know from medieval records and diaries that such threats to purity were carefully categorized and rules given for their expurgation.’
- ‘To a large degree such a separation from reality through filtered information occurred when I was a child by the censorship and expurgation of nastiness from school reading books.’
- ‘The epic has been the object of adaptation, interpolation, reinterpretation and expurgation by a number of retellers, each seeking to reflect what he saw as relevant to his time.’
- ‘She has a rather disheartening editorial about the expurgation from educational textbooks anything that could possibly give offense to people.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.