One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Horizontal bands of expressionistically painted reds and yellows run rather muddily down onto the painting's blank lower half.’
- ‘The piece contains stylistic features like energetic brushstrokes and jewel-like colours used expressionistically.’
- ‘Figures are treated expressionistically as a vehicle to explore the artist's feeling.’
- ‘She overlaid disparate histories and geographies in her installation of gridded, expressionistically rendered paintings.’
- ‘He produced some of his most innovative imagery, including a series of expressionistically intense watercolors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.