One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Further technical freedom came with his adoption of watercolour as his chosen medium, and a more expressionistic approach to his subjects, whether visionary, landscape, or still life.’
- ‘He began painting in an expressionistic style and produced collages, combining elements drawn from popular culture with his interests in European history, religion, and Byzantine art.’
- ‘The works are an expressionistic mix of raw materials, typography, colour and artificial lighting, involving often quite bizarre detailing.’
- ‘In this exhibition, viewers were able to compare expressionistic early works by each artist before moving on to examples of their mature output.’
- ‘He produced a portrait which, though not unsympathetic, adopted an expressionistic intensity of colour more vigorous than anything he had attempted previously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.