One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I am sick of the paranoid expostulations of our politicians on the threat of terrorism and terrorist activity in our country.’
- ‘Blame, expostulations, recriminations and horseplay - David provides an up-close-and-personal document of the family's most wrenchingly private moments.’
- ‘Anybody who has been the victim of a judge who has been premature in his expostulations has good reason to recall how devastating outbursts can be.’
- ‘Compare and contrast the treatment meted out to Minister Lewis, who was constantly interrupted with incredulous comments and expostulations.’
- ‘This, under the circumstances, has been justly characterized by one of the witnesses as an expression of remonstrance or expostulation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.