Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Growth whose rate becomes ever more rapid in proportion to the growing total number or size.‘the exponential growth of the world's population’
- ‘If we examine the mode of change of key measures overtime, all demonstrate roughly exponential growth at different rates.’
- ‘Subpopulations were not of constant size over time, but instead underwent exponential growth.’
- ‘Polyploids show chromosome instability during exponential growth but do not manifest any other obvious growth defects.’
- ‘In addition to experiencing exponential growth in data storage, organizations are also experiencing growth in user demand for that data.’
- ‘Maybe they really believed that this system would produce a kind of rapid exponential growth that would be truly beneficial.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.