One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A function whose value is a constant raised to the power of the argument, especially the function where the constant is e.
- ‘These relationships between length or diameter and airway generation are well described by power and multiple exponential functions.’
- ‘Thus we can use the two infinite products on the left-hand sides as two different q-extensions of the exponential function.’
- ‘It was also in Berlin that he discovered the famous Euler's Identity giving the value of the exponential function in terms of the trigonometric functions sine and cosine.’
- ‘For potassium, the shape of the curve could be fitted by a negative exponential function followed by a null linear function (constant value).’
- ‘He found the standard addition formulas for hyperbolic functions, their derivatives and their relation to the exponential function.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.