One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large international exhibition.
exhibition, fair, trade fair, display, show, presentation, demonstrationView synonyms
- ‘Thirteen local tourism enterprises will exhibit at the Namibian Cultural Route stand at the Expo.’
- ‘The location was used for the Expo 67 World Fair and the paddock backs onto a rowing basin built for the 1976 Olympic Games.’
- ‘Motor Expo and fruit markets also held their exhibits in this zone.’
- ‘Plan Expo may be a trade fair for the construction industry, but every year it is the launch pad for the latest concepts in design.’
- ‘Kids Expo is the most comprehensive exhibition dedicated to the children of the region held throughout the year.’
1950s: abbreviation of exposition.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.