Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large international exhibition.
exhibition, fair, trade fair, display, show, presentation, demonstrationView synonyms
- ‘Kids Expo is the most comprehensive exhibition dedicated to the children of the region held throughout the year.’
- ‘Plan Expo may be a trade fair for the construction industry, but every year it is the launch pad for the latest concepts in design.’
- ‘The location was used for the Expo 67 World Fair and the paddock backs onto a rowing basin built for the 1976 Olympic Games.’
- ‘Motor Expo and fruit markets also held their exhibits in this zone.’
- ‘Thirteen local tourism enterprises will exhibit at the Namibian Cultural Route stand at the Expo.’
1950s: abbreviation of exposition.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.