Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large international exhibition.
exhibition, fair, trade fair, display, show, presentation, demonstrationView synonyms
- ‘Motor Expo and fruit markets also held their exhibits in this zone.’
- ‘Plan Expo may be a trade fair for the construction industry, but every year it is the launch pad for the latest concepts in design.’
- ‘Kids Expo is the most comprehensive exhibition dedicated to the children of the region held throughout the year.’
- ‘Thirteen local tourism enterprises will exhibit at the Namibian Cultural Route stand at the Expo.’
- ‘The location was used for the Expo 67 World Fair and the paddock backs onto a rowing basin built for the 1976 Olympic Games.’
1950s: abbreviation of exposition.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.