One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An upper-body garment packed with explosives that are connected to a detonator, as worn by a suicide bomber.‘a terrorist detonated his explosive vest leaving nine dead and twenty-five wounded’
- ‘The bomber detonated an explosive vest.’
- ‘A second bomber detonated an explosive vest in the same area, before two more suicide attacks hit the southwestern edge of the town.’
- ‘A man wearing an explosive vest is said to have detonated his device shortly before a booby-trapped vehicle drove into the site.’
- ‘He said seven attackers, all wearing explosives vests, died in the assault.’
- ‘The attackers all wore identical explosive vests.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.