One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who explores a new or unfamiliar area.‘a polar explorer’
traveller, discoverer, voyager, rambler, globetrotter, roverView synonyms
- ‘Travelling further than any explorers had done before, they paid the price when the ship became trapped in ice.’
- ‘It must be about as close as we can now get to the feeling of discovery experienced by those who really were the intrepid explorers of the past.’
- ‘For instance, I am an ardent mountaineer and I have also been a polar explorer and a frequent traveller to Greenland.’
- ‘The early European navigators and explorers mostly undertook their voyages at the behest of kings in search of wealth.’
- ‘He was, as it turned out, not far off the mark and so must have gathered information from early travellers and unsung explorers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.