One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘With regard to the simpler problems with which it had earlier contact, it was useful only to the extent that it contributed precision and explicitness.’
- ‘Government expenses for freedom-of-information searches vary according to the explicitness of a request and how many documents have to be sorted through to find the required ones.’
- ‘With spine-chilling explicitness, it exposed the vulnerability of the electoral roll to cheating.’
- ‘Both science and law, concerned as they are with evidence and the frailty of recall, have learned the importance of records and explicitness.’
- ‘Another challenge lies in whether confronting human foibles - namely perversion - in such verbal or visual explicitness still allows them to be funny.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.