One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the exhalation of air from the lungs.
- ‘There are no recent published reference ranges available for inspiratory or expiratory airway resistance.’
- ‘Although there was slight expiratory wheezing over both lungs, he was not coughing or visibly short of breath.’
- ‘Dynamic lung volumes and expiratory flow were measured using incentive animation software.’
- ‘In response to a delay in the opening of the expiratory valve, 45 patients increased the duration of neural expiratory time.’
- ‘The increase in the utilization of inspiratory and expiratory reserve volumes with exercise facilitates airway clearance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.