One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the exhalation of air from the lungs.
- ‘Although there was slight expiratory wheezing over both lungs, he was not coughing or visibly short of breath.’
- ‘There are no recent published reference ranges available for inspiratory or expiratory airway resistance.’
- ‘In response to a delay in the opening of the expiratory valve, 45 patients increased the duration of neural expiratory time.’
- ‘The increase in the utilization of inspiratory and expiratory reserve volumes with exercise facilitates airway clearance.’
- ‘Dynamic lung volumes and expiratory flow were measured using incentive animation software.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.