Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the exhalation of air from the lungs.
- ‘There are no recent published reference ranges available for inspiratory or expiratory airway resistance.’
- ‘The increase in the utilization of inspiratory and expiratory reserve volumes with exercise facilitates airway clearance.’
- ‘Although there was slight expiratory wheezing over both lungs, he was not coughing or visibly short of breath.’
- ‘Dynamic lung volumes and expiratory flow were measured using incentive animation software.’
- ‘In response to a delay in the opening of the expiratory valve, 45 patients increased the duration of neural expiratory time.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.