Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the exhalation of air from the lungs.
- ‘Although there was slight expiratory wheezing over both lungs, he was not coughing or visibly short of breath.’
- ‘Dynamic lung volumes and expiratory flow were measured using incentive animation software.’
- ‘The increase in the utilization of inspiratory and expiratory reserve volumes with exercise facilitates airway clearance.’
- ‘In response to a delay in the opening of the expiratory valve, 45 patients increased the duration of neural expiratory time.’
- ‘There are no recent published reference ranges available for inspiratory or expiratory airway resistance.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.