Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A person whose level of specialized knowledge or skill in a particular field qualifies them to present their opinion about the facts of a case during legal proceedings.
- ‘He's also a forensic psychiatrist - one of those guys who testifies as an expert witness in court trials.’
- ‘Once I worked on a case where we had retained an expert witness who was a retired cop to testify about security.’
- ‘For reasons already given, I do not regard the evidence of either expert witness to be of primary assistance on this point.’
- ‘He frequently consults for museums and acts as an expert witness at trials.’
- ‘An FBI expert witness testified that there was enough plastic explosive hidden in his shoes to blow a large hole in the airplane.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.