One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of software which uses databases of expert knowledge to offer advice or make decisions in such areas as medical diagnosis.
- ‘Unlike other artificial intelligence systems, like medical expert systems, COG was meant to test theories of human cognition and developmental psychology.’
- ‘An inference engine is the component of an expert system that applies a knowledge base to current data to arrive at a conclusion.’
- ‘Artificial intelligence might cover technical advances in such areas as machine vision, robotics, expert systems, neural networks, the understanding of natural language and automatic language translation.’
- ‘Artificial intelligence and other expert systems offer only a faint hope that a solution to this glut is forthcoming.’
- ‘Similarly, non-biological entities such as expert systems, computer viruses or artificial intelligence could conceivably be considered to be ‘alive’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.