One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of software which uses databases of expert knowledge to offer advice or make decisions in such areas as medical diagnosis.
- ‘Unlike other artificial intelligence systems, like medical expert systems, COG was meant to test theories of human cognition and developmental psychology.’
- ‘An inference engine is the component of an expert system that applies a knowledge base to current data to arrive at a conclusion.’
- ‘Similarly, non-biological entities such as expert systems, computer viruses or artificial intelligence could conceivably be considered to be ‘alive’.’
- ‘Artificial intelligence might cover technical advances in such areas as machine vision, robotics, expert systems, neural networks, the understanding of natural language and automatic language translation.’
- ‘Artificial intelligence and other expert systems offer only a faint hope that a solution to this glut is forthcoming.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.