Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of psychology concerned with the scientific investigation of the responses of individuals to stimuli in controlled situations.
- ‘Wundt's experimental psychology has influenced the psychology seen today and has helped to cement psychology's place within the other sciences.’
- ‘She uses all aspects of her training - social psychology, experimental psychology, statistics and the listening skills of counseling - to help lawyers win cases or opt out of losing ones.’
- ‘Those in applied experimental psychology can design the behavioral requirements to make each plane responsive only to legitimate pilots.’
- ‘He has related cellular function in the primate brain to behavior, bringing together methods and results from experimental psychology and neuroscience.’
- ‘In fact, he majored in sociology and anthropology and added a psychology major only after taking experimental psychology in his senior year.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.