One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of psychology concerned with the scientific investigation of the responses of individuals to stimuli in controlled situations.
- ‘She uses all aspects of her training - social psychology, experimental psychology, statistics and the listening skills of counseling - to help lawyers win cases or opt out of losing ones.’
- ‘Wundt's experimental psychology has influenced the psychology seen today and has helped to cement psychology's place within the other sciences.’
- ‘He has related cellular function in the primate brain to behavior, bringing together methods and results from experimental psychology and neuroscience.’
- ‘Those in applied experimental psychology can design the behavioral requirements to make each plane responsive only to legitimate pilots.’
- ‘In fact, he majored in sociology and anthropology and added a psychology major only after taking experimental psychology in his senior year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.