One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Both are reluctant to talk about it too expansively because it marks how successful they have been in ‘convincing’ suppliers to help.’
- ‘When he found out I was just arriving from Kansas, he spread his arms expansively and barked, ‘Welcome to New York!’’
- ‘The principles for the protection of minorities are expansively spelled out in this resolution, much of which are also guaranteed in our Constitution.’
- ‘The fire spits comfortably in the grate, the lawns outside the window stretch expansively, and it is obvious that he has done well.’
- ‘We withdrew in that second half, we didn't play as expansively as we can.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.