One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The principles for the protection of minorities are expansively spelled out in this resolution, much of which are also guaranteed in our Constitution.’
- ‘We withdrew in that second half, we didn't play as expansively as we can.’
- ‘The fire spits comfortably in the grate, the lawns outside the window stretch expansively, and it is obvious that he has done well.’
- ‘When he found out I was just arriving from Kansas, he spread his arms expansively and barked, ‘Welcome to New York!’’
- ‘Both are reluctant to talk about it too expansively because it marks how successful they have been in ‘convincing’ suppliers to help.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.