A place in a computer where an expansion card can be inserted.
- ‘If a nurse wants reference programs, he or she should purchase a handheld computer that has an expansion slot for memory.’
- ‘The main card body includes a coupling portion for coupling the expansion card to an expansion slot of the computer.’
- ‘The company designed the card because PDAs typically contain a single expansion slot, and may not have WiFi built in.’
- ‘In addition to featuring a smaller form factor, the device has an expansion slot for portable memory and it includes a built-in camera.’
- ‘The rocker power switch is mounted on an expansion slot, so you can easily turn it on and off with the simple flick of a switch on the rear of your computer.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.