One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A circuit board that can be inserted in a computer to give extra facilities or memory.
- ‘With almost everything I need integrated on the motherboard, the only expansion card I have in my PC is the graphics card.’
- ‘If you have ever added an expansion card to your computer, you are almost half-way to building your own system.’
- ‘The terminals are used for electrically connecting the elongated expansion card with a printed circuit board on which the card connector is mounted.’
- ‘The expansion card is meant for both desktop and mobile computers, so users can buy one card and use it in both systems.’
- ‘One thing I found really annoying is the fact that you need to slide the motherboard tray out in order to install an expansion card onto your motherboard.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.