Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A circuit board that can be inserted in a computer to give extra facilities or memory.→ card
- ‘With almost everything I need integrated on the motherboard, the only expansion card I have in my PC is the graphics card.’
- ‘One thing I found really annoying is the fact that you need to slide the motherboard tray out in order to install an expansion card onto your motherboard.’
- ‘The expansion card is meant for both desktop and mobile computers, so users can buy one card and use it in both systems.’
- ‘The terminals are used for electrically connecting the elongated expansion card with a printed circuit board on which the card connector is mounted.’
- ‘If you have ever added an expansion card to your computer, you are almost half-way to building your own system.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.