One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or capable of expansion.
- ‘The margins were expansile and located within a few millimeters of the overlying epithelium.’
- ‘While the mucosa of the gallbladder appeared unremarkable, an expansile neoplasm had infiltrated the full thickness of the wall.’
- ‘The gross pattern was expansile and non-infiltrating, but in one patient airway obstruction was critical at the time of surgery.’
- ‘A computed tomographic scan of the chest showed an expansile, septated, lytic bone lesion with cortical disruption.’
- ‘Microscopically, the tumor nodules were unencapsulated and had a well-defined expansile margin that compressed the adjacent hepatic parenchyma.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.