One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or capable of expansion.
- ‘The margins were expansile and located within a few millimeters of the overlying epithelium.’
- ‘While the mucosa of the gallbladder appeared unremarkable, an expansile neoplasm had infiltrated the full thickness of the wall.’
- ‘Microscopically, the tumor nodules were unencapsulated and had a well-defined expansile margin that compressed the adjacent hepatic parenchyma.’
- ‘The gross pattern was expansile and non-infiltrating, but in one patient airway obstruction was critical at the time of surgery.’
- ‘A computed tomographic scan of the chest showed an expansile, septated, lytic bone lesion with cortical disruption.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.