One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The exoticization of the Orient was part of the discourse of orientalism governing European perspectives toward the East.’
- ‘I wanted to check out the play but was wary because there's a lot of exoticisation of Africa.’
- ‘The movie's relentless, transparent exoticization of its subject matter seems disingenuous from the first frame.’
- ‘She epitomizes the reviewers' exoticization of this writer and their fascination with the practically mythical quality of his transformation from poor Russian exile to feted prize-winner.’
- ‘To reject the exoticization of Africa is to reject a whole world view carefully and painstakingly fabricated over centuries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.