One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The outermost region of a planet's atmosphere.
- ‘The anti-grav lifted the shuttle up into the exosphere, and then, after obtaining permission from Perimeter Traffic Control, the engines kicked in.’
- ‘From the bottom of the exosphere the atmosphere has a thickness of 400 km.’
- ‘Since collisions are negligible above the exobase, the molecules in this region, called the exosphere, move along ballistic trajectories under the action of the earth's gravitational field.’
- ‘Then more indicators flashed to life as the ship skimmed the outer exosphere at Mach 27.’
- ‘With around three hundred plus kilometers to go, we'll be in the exosphere, aka space, in no time at all.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.