One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The custom of marrying outside a community, clan, or tribe.Compare with endogamy
- ‘The practice of clan exogamy - or marriage outside of the clan or group - is typical, however, of almost all ethnic groups.’
- ‘Social disapproval of ethnic exogamy is lessening, though the government unofficially discourages it.’
- ‘Individual choice is constrained by kin group exogamy.’
- ‘Male exogamy was slightly higher than female exogamy for the same period and occurred most frequently among third-generation Mexican Americans.’
- ‘These clans maintained strict exogamy, so wives may be brought in from elsewhere.’
The fusion of reproductive cells from distantly related or unrelated individuals; cross-pollination.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.