One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pony of a small hardy breed, typically bay, brown, or dun in colour with a light muzzle.
- ‘They now run the rare breed farm, which is home to more than 100 animals; a number of Exmoor ponies, Dexter cattle, and five breeds of rare pedigree pigs and Irish moiled cattle.’
- ‘The society was formed in 1921 and the rules make it clear that the method of identifying Exmoor ponies shall be by hot-iron branding.’
- ‘I have loaned horses all my life - I started out with a little 12.2hh Strawberry Roan Exmoor pony called Wally.’
- ‘They may be more than 300 miles from their traditional home but six Exmoor ponies are helping to preserve the rich diversity of meadows on the Yorkshire Wolds.’
- ‘We saw the Exmoor ponies, wild, shy, small and hairy and here to eat the rank vegetation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.