One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A wound made by a bullet or other missile passing out of the body.
- ‘As I started to turn him over to check the exit wound, he started yelling, ‘Stop, Pap, stop!’’
- ‘There's an exit wound through your shoulder blade and through your lower back.’
- ‘She ran the cloth over my back, gentle around the exit wound on my shoulder.’
- ‘I think if you look at the autopsy report and all the other re-reviews, I think it's clear that the neck wound was an exit wound.’
- ‘A doctor came to examine my back, ‘Where's the exit wound?’’
- ‘Bill grabbed at his back, and then looked down at the exit wound the bullet made passing through him.’
- ‘She ripped off some fabric from one of the petticoats she wore and gently pressed it on the exit wound.’
- ‘Had the corpsman found an exit wound he would have dressed the wound in the same way.’
- ‘The 7.62 mm bullet went right through the neck, leaving a huge exit wound in the front.’
- ‘The Navy Corpsman dressed my entry wound, but didn't know I had an exit wound, so I was bleeding-out fast.’
- ‘If misidentified as an exit wound, it may appear to be inconsistent with a self-inflicted wound.’
- ‘Looking at the exit wound on his back, his only comment was, ‘Hmm.’’
- ‘Brad knelt down beside Vincent, looking carefully at the shoulder nearest him, then looking at the back of that shoulder, where the exit wound was.’
- ‘There's also a scar right here from an operation they did, and there's an entrance and entry wound here on the left side of my ankle, and an exit wound right here.’
- ‘Peter is in the hospital as we speak, although I strongly doubt he made it, the bullet should have gone into his chest and caused a large exit wound.’
- ‘He turned her over, looking for an exit wound, but didn't see one.’
- ‘By the sound of his scream and the moment his body impacted the ground, the agent guessed that the exit wound was about the size of his fist.’
- ‘Now roll over, and lets take a look at the exit wound.’
- ‘Devon responded, but gave a startled gasp as her hand accidentally found the exit wound on his shoulder blade.’
- ‘The jury heard that Mrs Thompson was shot twice, once in the back with an exit wound at her armpit which did not cause serious damage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.