One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An opinion poll of people leaving a polling station, asking how they voted.
- ‘This is a national exit poll conducted in 267 voting centers throughout the country.’
- ‘The exit poll on which this is all apparently based asked voters which of the following seven issues was the most important.’
- ‘Instead, there will be a queue of voters, many of whom will actually vote only later, after the time window for the exit poll has closed.’
- ‘He believes there were more problems with the voting than with the exit poll.’
- ‘Anyone who thinks there is any moral equivalence between funding an exit poll and poisoning a political opponent needs their head examined.’
- ‘I became skeptical about such survey findings after filling out an exit poll after I voted in Manhattan on Tuesday morning.’
- ‘The latest exit poll suggests that Schroeder's SDP may actually get more seats than the Christian Democrats.’
- ‘The primacy of the exit poll has been established.’
- ‘Last year an election was held at which reporters for the school's newspaper conducted an exit poll that found a majority of grad students voted to unionize.’
- ‘The main difference between a poll taken the day before an election and a poll taken as people exit the voting booth is that the exit poll is probably more accurate.’
- ‘In the exit poll on Election Day, people were asked, what's the single biggest issue in how you decided your vote?’
- ‘On election night, the BBC and ITV produced a combined exit poll based on the voting intentions of 16,000 people.’
- ‘A key exit poll in the Netherlands suggests voters have firmly rejected the European Union constitution.’
- ‘Smaller groups and independents were likely to get the remaining 100 to 120 seats, the exit poll predicted.’
- ‘The exit poll was conducted among a sample of 11,135 voters in some 209 voting stations.’
- ‘You don't need an exit poll to know the incumbent picked up at least two votes this morning in Houston.’
- ‘Then the first exit poll suggested Labour's huge majority had been cut from 161 seats to 66.’
- ‘The BBC exit poll is predicting a 66 seat Labour majority.’
- ‘Now, what happened yesterday was the exit poll during the day did warn of a very close election and it specifically warned that Florida was going to be close.’
- ‘I mean, last elections, the exit poll results were up in the middle of the afternoon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.