One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There also is some superficial similarity with eugenicism in terms of an exhortatory jargon for human self-improvement, but I wouldn't press this point.’
- ‘The President, we should note, is pretty much the only orator still using the exhortatory imperative form favoured by the Emperor Augustus and the other great chiefs of Roman history.’
- ‘It is, of its nature, penal rather than exhortatory.’
- ‘Walker's exhortatory approach to community development presents cooperative economics as a strategy arising from core community values, but one in need of the kind of policing DuBois describes.’
- ‘Its value is exhortatory and symbolic and in no way realistic or decorative.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.