One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As in EACW, its emphasis is exhortative and encouraging, not technical.’
- ‘Here, the voice is not imperative, and it does not try to address the viewer directly; rather, it is exhortative, and it implicitly addresses, in plain Italian, the Italian team.’
- ‘He has mobilized his decades of work in social and cultural history in order to write this exhortative book exploring the value of images for historical writing.’
- ‘He described Divine Beauty as ‘neither philosophy nor theology, neither spiritual nor doctrinal, neither critical nor exhortative but rather a delighted dance of all these elements’.’
- ‘My problem with today's liturgical bureaucracy is that it advances measurable technical goals at the same time it diminishes the more essential immeasurable exhortative ones at the heart of EACW.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.