One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A feeling of excitement, happiness, or elation.‘they felt the exhilaration of victory’
elation, euphoria, exultation, exaltation, joy, happiness, delight, joyousness, jubilation, rapture, ecstasy, bliss, rhapsodyView synonyms
- ‘I laughed out loud in sheer pleasure, feeling the exhilaration of the contest rush through me.’
- ‘The war game only lasts a few minutes but the tension it creates is beyond imagination and the exhilaration indescribable.’
- ‘At other times, a sense of anticipation - not unlike at pop festivals - helped create a feeling of exhilaration.’
- ‘I remember the pure exhilaration of tramping the steep slopes of the hills and mountains with him in search of our elusive prey.’
- ‘Cannes' toned-down exhilaration was because cinema was less electrifying than it had been in many years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.