One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The Internet is more public even than a newspaper, since it is free and unbound by geography; it is the most exhibitionistic communication medium yet designed.’
- ‘The gangster's possessions are central to his being; he owns things in a gaudy, exhibitionistic way.’
- ‘Nevertheless, her performance was somewhat overshadowed by the increasingly exhibitionistic shape-throwing of Stephen McAllister, the in-house main-course chef.’
- ‘They don't need to parade it on stage in quite such an exhibitionistic manner.’
- ‘The fact is, we encourage our musicians, especially women, to be exhibitionistic about their grief, to sell it to us, to reflect our own ideas of escalated sadness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.