One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that includes or considers all elements or aspects; comprehensively.‘the book is a scholarly study, exhaustively researched’
- ‘The exhibition and the exhaustively illustrated catalogue that accompanies it are notable for offering the most extensive record of the artist's extraordinary and varied career to date.’
- ‘The Scarlet Letter's many enigmas have been exhaustively explicated.’
- ‘This means he must test his strategies exhaustively to ensure they work.’
- ‘The book is exhaustively researched and referenced.’
- ‘The original meaning of the establishment clause has been exhaustively debated by scholars and Supreme Court Justices.’
- ‘His feet of clay have been exhaustively exposed in the years since his death.’
- ‘Of course, being an anthology which combines more than a dozen key issues, none of the issues are dealt with exhaustively.’
- ‘Einstein's Theory of General Relativity has "vaulted to the most exhaustively tested principle in physics - the best proven principle in physics."’
- ‘The story of his subsequent journey into sporting immortality has been exhaustively chronicled.’
- ‘Exactly how they would cope in the aftermath of the furore was exhaustively debated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.