One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that includes or considers all elements or aspects; comprehensively.‘the book is a scholarly study, exhaustively researched’
- ‘The exhibition and the exhaustively illustrated catalogue that accompanies it are notable for offering the most extensive record of the artist's extraordinary and varied career to date.’
- ‘This means he must test his strategies exhaustively to ensure they work.’
- ‘His feet of clay have been exhaustively exposed in the years since his death.’
- ‘The Scarlet Letter's many enigmas have been exhaustively explicated.’
- ‘Of course, being an anthology which combines more than a dozen key issues, none of the issues are dealt with exhaustively.’
- ‘Exactly how they would cope in the aftermath of the furore was exhaustively debated.’
- ‘The story of his subsequent journey into sporting immortality has been exhaustively chronicled.’
- ‘Einstein's Theory of General Relativity has "vaulted to the most exhaustively tested principle in physics - the best proven principle in physics."’
- ‘The book is exhaustively researched and referenced.’
- ‘The original meaning of the establishment clause has been exhaustively debated by scholars and Supreme Court Justices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.