One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The midday sun beat down exhaustingly upon the boys' bare backs.’
- ‘It was one of those exhaustingly stuffy days, I remember well, where you feel like the sun is angry and everything looks bleached in the harsh light.’
- ‘It is the first vote ordinary people will have in America's exhaustingly long, complex and costly race to elect the first president of this millennium.’
- ‘I'm leaving because I find that place so exhaustingly boring.’
- ‘I liked you in glasses best, because you were exhaustingly pretty, the dazzling beauty of your face being too much to bear head on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.