One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Wind power is championed by green groups because it is a non-exhaustible source of energy that causes minimal pollution.’
- ‘Where, in the case of certain exhaustible natural resources, conservation is a prime desideratum, the benefit principle could be implemented through a severance tax in lieu of at least part of the land value tax.’
- ‘The self-regenerating potential of skin is exhaustible, and after several sunburns premature aging of the skin occurs.’
- ‘An archive is neither exhaustible, nor fully recoverable, nor positively finite, and archeology is the method of history that conceives its data in terms of the archive.’
- ‘In contrast to other sources of nitrogen, such as guano and South American sodium nitrate, which were exhaustible, there is an inexhaustible supply of nitrogen in the air.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.