Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cosmetic product designed to remove dead cells from the surface of the skin.‘cosmetic companies urge you to buy clarifying lotions, toners, or exfoliants’[as modifier] ‘a mild exfoliant effect’
- ‘Your child should steer clear of harsh exfoliants or scrubs, which can actually irritate blemishes.’
- ‘Made out of polyurethane or other plastics, these microscopic beads work in just the same way as natural exfoliants, but are usually smoother and more uniform in size, which lessens the possibility of tears occurring in the skin.’
- ‘Masks help to detoxify the skin and are usually gentle exfoliants as well.’
- ‘You're smart to steer clear of buffing pads and exfoliants that contain crushed oatmeal, almond or apricot pieces.’
- ‘Electrical muscle stimulation, hormone and enzyme injections, vibrating machines, exfoliants and heating pad treatments are just a few of the services you might be tempted to try.’
- ‘You can choose from an exfoliating scrub, body and bath oil, SPF moisturizing lotion (all made from sugar, a natural exfoliant, and jojoba oil, a skin hydrator).’
- ‘There's an exfoliant hand scrub with pumice, which is great for removing stubborn grime.’
- ‘When we assault our skin with harsh detergents, exfoliants, drying alcohols and synthetic oils, we can end up producing completely unintended results.’
- ‘You can also find various brands of lip exfoliants that will gently rub away dead skin cells, leaving your lips feeling renewed and refreshed.’
- ‘By using a quality, all-natural moisturizer and exfoliant, you can maintain the healthy glow of youth.’
- ‘The body scrub contains higher amounts of the exfoliants loofah and apricot seed because men have thicker skin and can handle more abrasion, Last says.’
- ‘A welcome sign of the times to encourage young men to reach for the blushers and exfoliants?’
- ‘Regular use of an exfoliant, either physical or chemical can help to get rid of a moderate blackhead problem.’
- ‘Most exfoliants use one type of crystal or bead.’
- ‘A high quality product can also act as an exfoliant by removing all dead skin cells, making your skin smooth as a result.’
- ‘While the sloughing of dead skin cells happens naturally, manual or chemical exfoliants help accelerate the process, letting new skin cells underneath shine through.’
- ‘These acids are exfoliants, substances that remove the upper layer of old, dead skin and stimulate the growth of smooth, evenly pigmented new skin.’
- ‘At any rate, the surf and sand double as an excellent exfoliant.’
- ‘Physical scrubs contain crushed particles of ingredients like cornmeal and nuts while chemical products use mild exfoliants like glucosamine and glycolic acid to get rid of dead skin cells.’
- ‘Next, the exfoliant - a mixture made from almonds and minerals with calendula tea - was gently rubbed over my skin.’
1980s: from exfoliate + -ant.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.