One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An exercise bike.
- ‘The exercycle that sits next to my couch is pretty much mocking me while I eat pasta and beans and watch tv.’
- ‘Cheney, determined to keep fit, even brought an exercycle on his recent trip to Asia.’
- ‘There are exercycles which combine rowing with pedalling and those on which the seating position can be adjusted to ensure that specific groups of muscles are exercised.’
- ‘The extra kilos may be dropping but one can't spend a whole hour on an exercycle.’
- ‘But it's good, all this exercycle riding for effecting a mental and physical change between Work Self and Home Self.’
1930s: blend of exercise and bicycle.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.