One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In this sense, self-determination was a right exercisable by the people who arbitrarily found themselves lumped into an ascertainable territory: it was not a right belonging to ethnic groups.’
- ‘By means of the Royal Powers Act 1953, parliament did provide that, ‘when the Queen is personally present in Australia, any power under an Act exercisable by the governor-general may be exercised by the Queen’.’
- ‘Waters states that the right of indemnity is not only exercisable against the trust property, it is also a first charge on that property, taking priority over other interests.’
- ‘Unless access is restricted by bylaws, all the rights granted are exercisable at night as well as during the day.’
- ‘It is often said that the degree of compassion and principle that are exercisable in politics are inversely related to proximity to power, rather than which side you're on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.