One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘We urge the court to exemplarily condemn the six for the crime they committed,’ the public prosecutor told the court as the three-month old trial entered its final stage.’
- ‘That essay is exemplarily respectful of the ethic of the relation between different generations of thinkers, and of the elders of philosophy.’
- ‘His texts were meant to be both theoretical and exemplarily of new media's rhetorical possibility.’
- ‘Although hard-working, good-humoured, and exemplarily patient as a teacher, he was subject to violent mood swings and his ebullience could evaporate in a trice, to be replaced by a black suicidal depression which might last for months.’
- ‘Superbly pressed and with profits shared by surviving musicians, the reissues are exemplarily done, although in quite limited editions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.