One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Almost irrespective of what she does with them, the advantages that have been won from the green-field territories of 200 years ago make America an object of envy but also execration.’
- ‘Thus religious and political extremism are laid symbolically side by side for our execration.’
- ‘It received a near universal execration in every newspaper.’
- ‘An exhausted jumble of execrations directed at himself, the hellish place, and everything within it ran through his mind.’
- ‘I was about to yell right back with my own execration when I remembered the light in front of me read ‘NO WALKING’ in bright, glowing, orange letters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.