One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I was about to yell right back with my own execration when I remembered the light in front of me read ‘NO WALKING’ in bright, glowing, orange letters.’
- ‘An exhausted jumble of execrations directed at himself, the hellish place, and everything within it ran through his mind.’
- ‘It received a near universal execration in every newspaper.’
- ‘Almost irrespective of what she does with them, the advantages that have been won from the green-field territories of 200 years ago make America an object of envy but also execration.’
- ‘Thus religious and political extremism are laid symbolically side by side for our execration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.