One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Able to be justified or forgiven; forgivable.‘the error is excusable’
forgivable, pardonable, defensible, justifiable, condonable, understandable, explainableView synonyms
- ‘Intentional disregard of aseptic practices is not acceptable or excusable.’
- ‘Not excusable, but understandable considering the reputation the Liverpool fans had acquired.’
- ‘That delay is not excusable and the sooner all of these matters are resolved, as far as I am concerned, the better.’
- ‘Diversions from your normal routine are excusable only if they rarely occur, provided they make you work harder.’
- ‘That does not make evil excusable or justifiable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.