Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Able to be justified or forgiven; forgivable.‘the error is excusable’
forgivable, pardonable, defensible, justifiable, condonable, understandable, explainablevenialView synonyms
- ‘That does not make evil excusable or justifiable.’
- ‘Not excusable, but understandable considering the reputation the Liverpool fans had acquired.’
- ‘That delay is not excusable and the sooner all of these matters are resolved, as far as I am concerned, the better.’
- ‘Intentional disregard of aseptic practices is not acceptable or excusable.’
- ‘Diversions from your normal routine are excusable only if they rarely occur, provided they make you work harder.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.