One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The more rigorous of two principal divisions of the Plymouth Brethren (the other is the Open Brethren). The Exclusive Brethren greatly restrict their contact with outsiders and modern technology.
- ‘The Exclusive Brethren is a religious community which is very exclusive, and imposes severe restrictions of its members.’
- ‘The activities below are forbidden for members of the Exclusive Brethren because they are too worldly.’
- ‘In his introduction, he writes of being raised in the Exclusive Brethren, a small Christian sect that shunned all contact with outsiders; as a child, he was even required to eat apart from the other children at school.’
- ‘The Exclusive Brethren are an Evangelical Protestant Christian church related to the Christian or Open Brethren.’
- ‘According to this morning's Dominion-Post, the Exclusive Brethren are making a last-ditch effort to get a right-wing government, and have been trying to organise talks with NZ First to put together a coalition.’
- ‘The Exclusive Brethren has been unmasked as the organisers of pamphlets claiming New Zealand has undergone a moral decline under Labour and have offered their services to National MPs and candidates across the country.’
- ‘Of course, the Exclusive Brethren is not a moderate church group.’
- ‘If Exclusive Brethren wish to withdraw their children from RE or lessons involving computers, then pluralism must respect that.’
- ‘What was the deep issue that the Labour Government was proposing that had the Exclusive Brethren so up in arms that many of them actually voted in this election for the first time in their lives, according to our check on the electoral rolls?’
- ‘It emerged last week that he has held secret meetings with a group of businessmen connected with the Exclusive Brethren church - a reactionary sect that opposes sex education, contraception and even the right to vote.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.