One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In an extremely good or outstanding way.‘all the actors performed excellently’‘the remains were excellently preserved’
- ‘I have never tasted such excellently prepared food; the chef obviously spends a great deal of time and care over both the preparation and presentation.’
- ‘This is an exciting story, excellently told, and made both totally comprehensible and appetising to the most unscientific palate.’
- ‘Stravinsky's score was played excellently.’
- ‘The volume includes over 500 excellently reproduced black and white photos and 53 color photos.’
- ‘Some of the scare moments are excellently shot to provide just enough scare factor.’
- ‘Finally after 15 minutes of perseverance the team scored -- not to the liking of the opposition, who had been defending excellently.’
- ‘Madly in love with Bartlett is tough nightclub hostess "Panama" Smith, excellently played by the young actress.’
- ‘Our police and firefighters handled it excellently.’
- ‘"The car is fashionable, performs excellently, and came with two air bags and a sunroof."’
- ‘These scenes provide for some great moments with some excellently written dialogue between them both.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.