One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In an extremely good or outstanding way.‘all the actors performed excellently’‘the remains were excellently preserved’
- ‘Madly in love with Bartlett is tough nightclub hostess "Panama" Smith, excellently played by the young actress.’
- ‘Finally after 15 minutes of perseverance the team scored -- not to the liking of the opposition, who had been defending excellently.’
- ‘These scenes provide for some great moments with some excellently written dialogue between them both.’
- ‘The volume includes over 500 excellently reproduced black and white photos and 53 color photos.’
- ‘I have never tasted such excellently prepared food; the chef obviously spends a great deal of time and care over both the preparation and presentation.’
- ‘Some of the scare moments are excellently shot to provide just enough scare factor.’
- ‘Our police and firefighters handled it excellently.’
- ‘"The car is fashionable, performs excellently, and came with two air bags and a sunroof."’
- ‘This is an exciting story, excellently told, and made both totally comprehensible and appetising to the most unscientific palate.’
- ‘Stravinsky's score was played excellently.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.