One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being accurate or correct; precision.‘it is impossible to calculate with mathematical exactness’
precision, exactitude, accuracy, accurateness, correctness, veracity, faithfulness, fidelity, closenessView synonyms
- ‘His English translator complimented him on his thorough inductive exactness.’
- ‘After this feeling of awe at the terrible precision and exactness of the world, I began to experience another emotion: irrelevancy.’
- ‘Improvised circus sounds like a bit of a contradiction in terms, since circus by its very nature requires precision, planning and exactness.’
- ‘What's needed is some mental stretching to recognize the fact that usually what is called for is some degree of practical commercial acceptability rather than mathematical precision or laboratory exactness.’
- ‘As the pictures show, tiling is a craft that requires precision and an exactness to ensure that it will remain intact and secure for many years to come.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.