One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Leaving aside the scientific merits of intelligent design theory, it is controversial because it dares to challenge the strictly enforced, unquestioned, and narrow dogma of Darwinian evolutionism.’
- ‘In 1981, creationists tried again, proposing a law that required teachers to give ‘balanced treatment’ to evolutionism and creationism.’
- ‘The word creationism, coined in 1868 in opposition to what was then called Darwinism or evolutionism, had fallen on hard times.’
- ‘We are, in part, natural beings, but we alone among the animals are in some ways alienated from the natural world in which we live. Fundamentalist creationism and rigidly atheistic evolutionism are both pretty implausible.’
- ‘Neither Intelligent Design nor theistic evolutionism, alas, is the most influential position among the evangelical rank and file, where Young Earth creationism still holds sway.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.