One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It comes from evil masterminds stroking their chin and smirking evilly.’
- ‘That vote may have been evilly garnered by preying on people's baser tendencies, but again, a vote's a vote.’
- ‘Tomorrow I will wear high heels and stare evilly at any tourists who stray like slow demented sheep into my path, as I stomp my way in to work.’
- ‘An evilly disposed person might say that Attila the Hun had a similar lack of discretion.’
- ‘But it descended into your stomach through your nose and mouth and sat there evilly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.