One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As a young man, he quit his job as the family tenant evictor and opted for a humbler life as a railway engineer.’
- ‘This extends into his professional life, where he works as an evictor, shoving notices anonymously under doors and scuttling away.’
- ‘The young evictors - some brawny, some scrawny - seem to love flexing their muscles.’
- ‘My evictors told me that this was not an easy decision for them to make.’
- ‘Nor is it being seized by a branch of government: the evictor is the New London Development Corporation, a private non-profit body.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.