One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of expelling someone from a property; expulsion.‘the forced eviction of residents’
expulsion, ejection, ousting, throwing out, drumming out, driving out, banishing, banishment, removal, dislodgement, displacement, clearanceView synonyms
- ‘At that date it was apparent that the claimant had decided not to pursue any proceedings for unlawful eviction.’
- ‘Most evictions work a hardship on the person or family being evicted.’
- ‘The minister contends it is not the legislation that causes the eviction of the appellants.’
- ‘The description of the children prior to the family's eviction would be of concern to anyone.’
- ‘The group also retained an attorney and filed two lawsuits challenging the evictions in the two counties.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.