One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of expelling someone from a property; expulsion.‘the forced eviction of residents’
expulsion, ejection, ousting, throwing out, drumming out, driving out, banishing, banishment, removal, dislodgement, displacement, clearanceView synonyms
- ‘The description of the children prior to the family's eviction would be of concern to anyone.’
- ‘Most evictions work a hardship on the person or family being evicted.’
- ‘At that date it was apparent that the claimant had decided not to pursue any proceedings for unlawful eviction.’
- ‘The group also retained an attorney and filed two lawsuits challenging the evictions in the two counties.’
- ‘The minister contends it is not the legislation that causes the eviction of the appellants.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.