One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Without exception.‘Maris Piper potatoes cook beautifully every time’
- ‘Every few seconds it popped up again and every time it did so it trivialised the subject even more.’
- ‘This, he is told, is a clock whose second hand moves forward every time he tells an untruth.’
- ‘We are going down the line of saying we cannot always send a police officer every time people ring in.’
- ‘I am really enjoying the show and I think it is reaching new heights every time I do it.’
- ‘Imagine if there was a tennis racket symbol on our screens every time she was interviewed?’
- ‘There's a picture of my brother on my desk, and every time I look at it, it comes up again.’
- ‘I followed it with spray-can in hand and gave it several zaps every time it came near me.’
- ‘Phone each company every time as well and make sure you always speak to the same person.’
- ‘There is a risk every time an engine goes out but only sending one is a gamble.’
- ‘We can't keep the kids prisoners in their own homes but they run the risk every time they go out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.