One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The holm oak.
- ‘But even such eroded volcanic remnants are life-giving enough for some plants, and I see a healthy scattering of succulents - yuccas, agaves, sotols, prickly pears - as well as evergreen oak, small-leaved trees adapted to dry conditions.’
- ‘More than half a million evergreen oaks disappeared.’
- ‘‘Consider the evergreen oak, the most under planted tree in Ireland,’ he says.’
- ‘Scrub communities are dominated by evergreen oaks with an occasional overstory of sand pines.’
- ‘Minister Dempsey planted an evergreen oak in the school grounds and unveiled a plaque at the school entrance to mark the occasion.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.